Skip to content
- Surgery to lose weight treatment might be considered from your physician if you’re very obese or overweight. There are lots of types. Some modify your stomach, restricting just how much food could be held there. Others try to prevent calorie and nutrient absorption. Many are a mix of both types. Your physician might think about the following:
- – Gastric bypass surgery. This surgical treatment is extremely popular due to its lengthy term results. It combines restriction and protection against absorption of food, that is redirected out of your stomach for your intestine.
- – Biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch. This process involves elimination of the majority of the stomach. It’s utilized for those very obese. There’s a danger of lack of nutrition when the patient isn’t carefully monitored.
- – Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding (LAGB). Within this restrictive-type procedure, a blow up band separates your stomach into two pouches. This is another popular procedure since it usually leads to slow weight reduction. Whenever you slim down progressively, you’re more likely to help keep the load off lengthy term.
- Getting surgery to lose weight should be thought about a final resort measure. It’s not always the very best factor to complete. But it’s a choice your physician may determine that you weight is extreme. In almost any situation, you should begin a healthy diet plan and keep it. Elevated activity can also be important. Look for buddies and family who’ll give you support inside your weight reduction efforts. Consider joining an assistance group for those who need to shed weight.